The B-500 by American Augers is a high capacity bentonite mixing system that was specifically designed for the auger boring contractor. The standard unit is equipped with a low pressure diaphragm pump that delivers mixes at 14 Gallons (52.99 L)/per minute @ 200 PSI (14 bar), 515 RPM. Uses the bentonite to modify sticky soils into more manageable ground conditions.
- 9.5 HP (7 kW) Diesel Engine
- 500 U.S. Gallons (1,892 L) Tank
- Reliably delivers the bentonite slurry to the lead casing under pressure to reduce friction and will produce a 5% gel concentration in 500 U.S. Gallons (1,892 L) of water, but if soil conditions are very porous (mostly gravel etc.) a thicker gel may be used.
- Lubricates and supports the pipe while penetrating the soil
- Assures better grade
- Improves thrust capabilities
- Retards sloughing and cave-ins
- Extends equipment life
- Speeds up jacking operation
- Can be used as a pressure washer during clean up time, or for pressure-testing of water lines
Dimensions / Weight
- Length: 9 ft. 6 in. (2.89 m)
- Width: 4 ft. 3 in. (1.30 m)
- Height: 4 ft. 3 in. (1.30 m)
- Weight: 1,380 lbs. (626 kg)